Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Update No. 4 on the EAA Witness Steel Full Size Pistol

Range update no. 4. It had been a while since I have been to the range. I had some family over that wanted to shoot and here is another quick update.





In two days at the range during the past week, we fired a total of 1100 rounds with the 22LR kit. Again, nothing bad to report. In total we had 3 fail to feed, and a couple that failed to fire. We used the 550 rounds box of federal 22LR. Accuracy is good, and for new shooters, it was pleasant to shoot and kept them motivated.

In addition to the 1100 rounds, we fired 200 rounds 9mm of Winchester white box. Zero fails with the 9mm kit. Accuracy for me, was better than in the past. I am still shooting low and a little to the right. Everyone else had a blast shooting a with the more powerful ammunition.

We finally shot 150 rounds with my XD40.

I noticed that there are a lot more scratches on the EAA witness. The pistol was always on top of the bench, so not sure why it has easily scratched. I might, in the future, do some type of paint coat on it, and post the results.

We have now shot over 2300 rounds with 22LR kit, and 450 rounds with the 9mm kit.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, in your original review you mentioned that the .22 slide does not lock back on the last shot.

    There is a replacement slide stop spring and pin in a small ziplock bag under the foam in the case. It allows the .22 conversion magazine follower to press up the slide stop on the last shot, locking the slide open. You can also trim a bit off the hook end of the original spring to achieve the same result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true. I see the zip bag. It was glued to the foam and I did not see it until now. This modification would make a great video response and if you do so, I will update it on the blog. Thanks for the information!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review. I have been trying to figure out what kind of gun to get and I think you made my decision for me. Does this gun have a rail for adding a laser or light?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it does have a rail for laser and/or light.

    ReplyDelete