Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Update No. 3 on the EAA Witness Steel Full Size Pistol

On Tuesday I went to the range to make use of the EAA Witness again. This time I had a box of Winchester .22LR 36gr HP 333 rounds box, and 55 rounds of Winchester white box 9mm ammo.



Targe
To get warmed up, I started with the 22LR rounds (top right of the target sheet ). Since the EAA Witness with the 22LR conversion kit is very accurate for me, I started at about 20 Yards.  I noticed that I was not as accurate as last week from around the same distance. I thought I was not on my game that day.  After 100 rounds or so, I switch to the 9mm slide and brought the target to 7 yards. I shot a nice group of 10 rounds (Center target on the sheet). I then moved back the target to about 10 -12 Yards. This time I shot the target on the top left of the sheet. I was not too pleased with those results. At the same distance, I went for the target at the bottom left and then to the bottom right.  I think I need more shooting to figure some things out. As you can see, my shots are down and to the right of the target on all of the 10-12 yards. Also on the 22LR target, most of my shots are to the right as well.  Keep in mind that I am a right handed shooter and the pull would be to the left.

I decided to go back to the 22LR conversion kit and work on my breathing and trigger pull. I shot the remaining 233 rounds that I had left with no problems with the EAA Witness. I had 3 or 4 issues with the 22LR conversion, but were all ammo related.

9mm 10-12 yards
For my last 15 9mm rounds, I put a new target and shot with the 9mm slide. I again position the target at about 10-12 yards. My first two shots were those that are to the right of the target, missing both. After those, I put 3 shots, those 3 that have a tight group, to the lower right.  I then tried to move my way to the center of the target. You can see the final results on the picture to the right. Comparing these rounds to the first ones at the same distance, I am satisfied with these results. I was able to move my shots left of the target and spread them a little more to the left than before. They are still low on the target, but that is something I will have to work on next time I shoot the EAA Witness with the 9mm slide.

Again, no problems with the EAA Witness 9mm slide or 22LR conversion kit, zero failures on the pistol's part.  Until the next update!

9mm 7 yards

4 comments:

  1. nice, how long does it take to switch from 9mm and 22? is all by hand or do you need a tool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I takes seconds. Just like I wrote on the original review, under disassembly: match the two dots (on slide and frame). With the end of the magazine, push the slide pin from one side and pull it from the other one. Move the slide forward and it comes out. Now, insert the 22LR slide and again, match the dots. Insert the pin to a lock the slide, and you are ready to go. The only tool would be the magazine to push the pin, which is hard to push with just the fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i see your right handed, but do you tend to use your left eye when you shoot?

    ReplyDelete