Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Update No. 2 on the EAA Witness Steel Full Size Pistol

Another week, another update on the EAA Witness full size pistol. This is my second update on this pistol. Today I went to the range with the intention of shooting 100 rounds with my XD40, and all the 22lr rounds that I had left from last week (roughly 335 rounds in total) with the EAA Witness. Today I did not shoot with the 9mm slide.



Target
All the Winchester rounds from the 555 box worked flawlessly again. No issues for the 135 rounds left from last week. I then opened the Remington 6100 22LR 40Gr Target rounds. I had a couple of fail to feed and fail to eject in the first 50 rounds or so.  For the next 50 rounds, I had issues very frequently. Frequent fail to feed, fail to eject, and then I noticed that the slide was not returning after ejecting. I went on to lubricate the slide and rails but the issues with the Remington Target rounds remained. After the 100 rounds with the Remington target rounds, I went with the 100 rounds of the CCI mini mags. Zero fails with this ammunition. Also, accuracy was better than with the Remington. As I wrote last week, The Remington rounds were recommended by a sales person as an alternative to the CCI minis. I will never recommend these Remington Target rounds to anyone, specially over CCI mini mag.

Again, lots of fun with the EAA Witness and the 22lr conversion kit. Even with the failures caused by the Remington ammunition, it is still fun to practice malfunctions and built muscle memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment